This article acts as a step by step guide to removing an app from sale in the Google Play Store.
Removing an app from the Google Play Store is very simple. Follow the steps below, and that particular app will no longer be visible in the Google Play Store. This prevents new users from downloading the app. It is not possible to fully delete an app from your Google Developer Account.
- Log in to Google Developer Console.
- Under All Applications, select the app you wish to remove from the Play Store.
- From the left-side menu, click the Store Presence tab, and then select Pricing and Distribution.
- Under App Availability, you will see the Publish/Unpublish option. Select Unpublish.
- Next, a pop-up confirming you wish to unpublish the application will appear. Select Confirm.
If you wish to prevent current users from accessing an app's content by deactivating it fully, follow the instructions in this KB article: How to Unpublish/ Deactivate Your App.