The QR Scanner feature is a useful tool that can scan any QR code your users come upon. A QR code is essentially a scannable URL. They are commonly used for promotional & informational purposes.
Great for these industries:
- Conferences or Fundraisers
- Sell opportunities to post QR Codes that lead to sponsors' front-end websites.
- Sell space in pamphlets or brochures with QR codes that lead to front-end sites.
Add the QR Scanner Feature
Navigate to the Build tab to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
- Click ADD FEATURE.
- Choose the QR Scanner feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
- Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
- Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- Use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- Click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- Edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- Toggle on/off the feature.
- Jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Add Content to the QR Scanner Feature
Navigate to the Create->Build-><name_of_QR_Scanner_Feature>->Content menu. Here you can rename the feature and add a feature icon
- Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Scan Now" as opposed to "qr scanner").
- Under Feature Icon, click Add and Select the Icon you wish
- Click SAVE at the top right when you're done.
A custom design can also be created for this feature instead of using Global Design.
Refer to the example image attached:
You can watch a quick overview of this feature below: