With our North Park update, you can quickly add a well-designed and branded Walkthrough feature to your application. This feature is a sequence of screens shown when the app is launched for the first time, which enables you to:
- Welcome new users;
- Send a thank you note;
- Maximize sign-ups;
- Explain to users why they should enable notifications and location services.
This article provides information on different components of the Walkthrough feature and describes the steps to configure it.
Watch the video below for more information on the benefits of the Walkthrough feature and how you can set it up.
To configure the Walkthrough feature, please follow the steps below:
- From the CMS, navigate to Create > Build. Under App Onboarding, select Walkthrough and click Get Started.
- Switch the toggle Configure the on-screen messaging for the app walkthrough.
- In the Content tab, you will see the options to configure:
Here you can customize the welcome message: enter a Headline and a short introduction to the app and its benefits.
Push Notification Opt-in
The goal of this message is to articulate how your users will benefit from enabling your push notifications.
- If you are known to provide useful updates throughout the week, flash sales, or deals, this is the first place to let your users know about it.
- If done correctly, this brief explanation can exponentially increase the percentage of users who enable push notifications.
Location Services Opt-in
Your users can benefit greatly from sharing their location. You can use their location for food order delivery, to use the Around Us > Points of Interest feature, or to direct location-specific geofencing push notifications.
Use the Headline and Message fields to explain how the users will benefit from sharing their location.
This is an optional screen, and it is only available if you have the Sign-Up feature enabled.
Once enabled, this screen helps educate your new user on the benefits of creating an account. When users sign up, you can grab their data straight from your mobile app.
The design settings are imported from your Global Design. However, you can modify these settings under Custom Design.
Global Screen Styling
In this section, you have the option to change:
- The color of the background, text, or buttons.
- Branding: You can automatically set the same logo or image that you added in the Design > Branding section. Click the Edit button to use a different image.
- Background Image: No background image is set by default. If you add one, it will appear instead of the selected background color.
A graphic can be added to each of the Walkthrough options below. Just click Edit to add an image.
You can also watch the video tutorial on Customer Onboarding and Management.