The Walkthrough feature can help you add a customized sequence of screens shown to the user when the app is launched for the first time. This enables an enjoyable user onboarding experience.
Onboarding is one of the most critical phases in an app user's journey.
App user onboarding is the first point of contact and, therefore, the key to making a great first impression with customers.
The App User Onboarding process provides a seamless and straightforward walkthrough that educates customers on the value of the app, as well as its feature permission requests.
The walkthrough feature is used to configure the welcome screen, sign-up page, and request for various permissions. More specifically, it enables you to:
- Welcome new users;
- Maximize sign-ups;
- Explain to users why they should enable push notifications and location services.
- From the CMS, navigate to Create > Build. Under App Onboarding, select Walkthrough and click Get Started.
- Switch the toggle Configure the on-screen messaging for the app walkthrough.
- In the Content tab, you can choose amongst one of the following ptions to configure:
- In the Custom Design tab, you can customize the look and feel of your walkthrough feature
NOTE: We highly recommend setting up both the Walkthrough and Sign-up features simultaneously.
Here you can customize the welcome message: enter a Headline and a short introduction to the app and its benefits.
Push Notification Opt-in
The goal of this message is to articulate how your users will benefit from enabling your push notifications.
- If you are known to provide useful updates throughout the week, flash sales, or deals, this is the first place to let your users know about it.
- If done correctly, this brief explanation can exponentially increase the percentage of users who enable push notifications.
Location Services Opt-in
Your users can benefit greatly from sharing their location. You can use their location for food order delivery, to use the Around Us > Points of Interest feature, or to direct location-specific geofencing push notifications.
Use the Headline and Message fields to explain how the users will benefit from sharing their location.
This is an optional screen, and it is only available if you have the Sign-Up feature enabled.
Once enabled, this screen helps educate your new user on the benefits of creating an account. When users sign up, you can grab their data straight from your mobile app.
The design settings are imported from your Global Design. However, you can modify these settings under Custom Design.
Global Screen Styling
In this section, you have the option to change:
- The color of the background, text, or buttons.
- Branding: You can automatically set the same logo or image that you added in the Design > Branding section. Click the Edit button to use a different image.
- Background Image: No background image is set by default. If you add one, it will appear instead of the selected background color.
Note: The Branding image configured here is different from the image configured in the Custom Design section of the Sign-Up | Login feature. Back to top
A graphic can be added to each of the Walkthrough options below. Just click Edit to add an image.
Note: After you have configured all settings, do not forget to click Save to apply all your changes.
Watch the video below for more information on the benefits of the Walkthrough feature and how you can set it up.