Making sales is all about showcasing the product in terms of what it can do for a client. So it's important to share examples of one's craft when meeting with potential clients. One is more likely to secure the sale and instill confidence in their clients that they're going to get their money's worth. There are multiple ways to preview a created App with a potential client. This article describes the options to preview Apps.
The most common way to provide a demo requires that one utilizes the Appcode for the App one would like to showcase. The Appcode can be found in the CMS (Content Management System) in the upper left corner under the App Icon. It can also be found by hovering over the App in the My Apps section of the Partner Dashboard. If the List View is enabled, it could be found under the App Code field.
Publishing Progressive Web Apps(PWA)
You can publish PWA from your account and share the URL with your clients by following the instructions provided below.
- Log in to the application's CMS.
- Navigate to the Publish step, select Web App, and press Submit.
- Share with your client the specific URL for your PWA that you will receive by an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PWA URLs always follow the same format:
Note: It's critical to set up your client panel subdomain. You may also include any App code from the Demo Apps section of your Partner Dashboard in your PWA URL.
Previewing Native Apps with PreviewYourApp.com
- Direct your clients to Preview Your App
- To Preview the App:
- Enter the App Code in the Email Address field.
- Press Next and then click Go. There is no password necessary.
- The App will load in their browser and function much as the native App would.
Preview Using Native iOS Preview App
You can also install the Private App Store version of Preview Your App to showcase the App on an iOS device. Follow the instructions provided below:
- Send the following links to yourself via email.
- Open the link in the Safari browser on an iOS device and click Install Now.
- On your device, Navigate to Settings > General > Device Management and select Trust.
- Enter the App Code into the email address field and leave the password field blank, then click Go. The App will load on the device and function nearly the same as it would when live and installed.
Note: This link should NOT be shared with your clients. When the link is opened and installed, the pop up will say BiznessApps-Ent as the developer name on the untrusted developer prompt.
Preview Using Native Android Preview App
- Navigate to the Google Play store and search for Preview Your App.
- Clients CAN install the Android Preview App to their devices as it is fully white labeled.
- Enter the App Code in the Email Address field, press Next, and then click Go.
Note: You can also send your clients the QR Code provided below for the Android Previewer. They'll just need a QR Scanner App on their device. When they scan the code, they'll be directed to the App listing, where they can easily install it.
Another way to showcase your product is to use screenshots from the Previewer Site or the pop-out preview tool.
- Follow the instructions for taking screenshots on different devices.
- You can email screenshots to clients to give them an idea of their App's functionality and design.
- In each step of the CMS, you'll notice a pop-out preview tool on the right side of the screen. You can take screenshots of this preview tool, though we do recommend sticking with the native apps for the sake of accuracy.
Giving Access to the CMS
When you add an App to the platform, you assign a username and password to it, which your clients will use to log in to your Client Panel to view and edit their apps. Please refer to the instructions for creating username and passwords for your clients.
- Send your clients their login credentials once you're ready.
- The clients can log into your Client Panel to access the CMS and view the pop-out preview tool on the right side of the screen.
In addition to all the above options, send your clients URLs or QR Codes for your existing, live Apps. This is a great way to showcase your published Apps and give them a better understanding of how their live app will function.