Once an app is published/submitted on the CMS side, the app is reviewed before it gets live in the App Store and/or Google Play Store. This article outlines the publishing procedure stages and how long it takes for an app that was submitted to show up on the corresponding Google or Apple Store.
You submitted your app on the CMS side and you need to know how many days it is expected to take till your app is published and thus available to the app users. Before you ask for the status of your app submission, we suggest you get familiar with the procedure and the various steps followed until the app gets live.
Both platforms have review processes that differ significantly.
iOS Approval process and Timelines
Usually, it takes end-to-end up to 2 weeks, assuming the app gets approved.
After publishing your iOS app, you will receive an email confirmation stating that your request to publish the app has been received. If you do not receive this email within an hour after publishing, please contact support and make sure that you provide your app code or app name. Including information such as appcode, email address and name, makes it easier for the Support team to verify if your publish request is already in the iOS Upload Pipeline.
Note: You can check the status on the CMS side using the information in the Checking The Publish Status For My IOS App KB article.
2. The app will enter the iOS Upload Pipeline, where the app will be uploaded to the provided Apple Developer account. This process takes 5-7 business days after the app has been submitted for publishing.
3. Using your own Apple Developer account will allow you to receive email notifications from Apple at each stage of the upload process. You can check the various Apple statuses in the App Statuses KB article. You can also check the app status history
4. After the review process, Apple will either approve or reject the app, which will be communicated via email notification to the email address associated with the Developer Account.
Note: If Apple rejects your app, please contact us with your app code, app name, and complete details of the rejection reason if you need assistance in getting the app resubmitted. You may also review Apple's guidelines and rejection fixes.
Note: On average, it takes 7-10 business days to complete all stages. The total time can vary significantly depending on the time of year (June and December tend to be slowest), Apple's workload, and your app's content. You will only able to expedite the procedure for iOS approval directly with Apple if the app status is Waiting for Review in the App Store Connect.
Android Approval process and Timelines
Usually, it takes 1-2 days, assuming the app gets approved.
Within an hour after publishing your Android app, you should receive the APK file for the app via email. If you do not receive this email, please contact support with your app name, which will allow the support team to send the APK manually to your email address.
After uploading the APK, the app should go live in the Play Store within 24 hours. Google has the discretion to reject, remove, and suspend apps. It is crucial to adhere to Google Playstore's guidelines at all times to ensure your app remains active.
- Checking the publish status for my iOS app
- Building the Tell a Friend Feature and Share Button
- Sending Push Notifications
- Publishing an Android App
- Checking The Publish Status For My IOS App
- Building the Tell a Friend Feature