Once you've published your app, there are a few steps that must happen before it's live and downloadable in the App Store and Play Store. Both Apple and Google have review processes, though the two differ significantly.
iOS Approval Process
Total Time: Approx. 1-2 weeks (assuming approval)
1. Once you publish for iPhone/iPad, you'll receive an email confirmation stating that we have received your publish request. If you do not receive this within an hour of publishing, please contact support with your app code or app name and we can verify that the publish request is in our pipeline.
2. We will then upload the app to the provided Apple Developer account, this process takes 5-7 business day after the app is submitted to our pipeline.
3. With using your own Apple Developer account, you'll receive an email from Apple at each stage of the upload process. These are the standard stages an app will go through (see herefor details on each one):
- Prepare for Submission: We've begun the upload process.
- Waiting for Review: The upload process is complete and the app is awaiting Apple's review.
- In Review: Apple is currently reviewing your app.
- Processing for App Store: The review process is complete and your app is being prepared for release.
- Ready for Sale: Your app is now live and downloadable in the App Store.
On average, it takes 7 to 10 business days for an app to go from Waiting to Review to Ready for Sale, though it can vary significantly depending on the time of year (June and December tend to be slowest), Apple's workload, and your app's content.
4. After the review process is done, Apple will either approve or reject the app. Apple will send an email notification when the app is approved or rejected to the email address associated with the Developer Account. If your app is rejected, please contact us with the app code, app name, and rejection reason if you need assistance getting it resubmitted.
5. Once your app is live, you can enable push notifications, QR codes, and the Tell Friend feature.
Android Approval Process
Total Time: Approx. 24 - 48 hours
1. Within an hour of publishing for Android, you should receive the APK file for the app via email. If you do not receive this, please contact with your app name and we can send it to you manually.
2. After uploading the APK the app should go live in the Play Store within 24 hours of submission. Google will reject, remove, and suspend apps, so it's important to adhere to their guidelines at all times to ensure your app remains active in the Play Store.
3. Once your app is live, you can you can enable push notifications, QR codes, and the Tell Friend feature.