This article outlines the steps to publish or update your Android app on the Google Play Store, under following scenarios:
- Upload AAB/APK when publishing a new Android app
- Publish an update to an existing Android app
- Upload AAB again through a new release after resolving the issues which led to the app getting removed from the Google Play Store
- You have a published Android app and received the AAB file via email.
- If you haven't received the AAB file, please follow this article: AAB file not received after publishing Android App.
- An active Google Developer Account.
After submitting your Android app for publishing via the Client CMS Panel, the second step of publishing your Android App is to upload the app's AAB file onto the Google Play Store, as per following steps:
- Refer instructions from Google's Upload an App and Setting up your app on the app dashboard articles to set up the app on Google Play Console.
- Prepare and roll out a release
- Add all the info needed to upload an Android app such as screenshots, feature graphics, icons, the signing key, the AAB if possible
- Required step when updating/publishing a new AAB file
- Download the key file from the article Google Play Store Requires New AAB Format For BiznessApps App Submissions
- Over the last few months, Google has released a few major updates to the Console's dashboard. One of these recent updates was for App Signing, where they started using new AAB Format for all new apps.
- Check out Google's help section for additional instructions, if needed.
- If you are publishing an app for a public figure, a well-known company, or if you are using a company trademark, please review our Google Play Impersonation Policy article. To avoid possible rejection, we recommend submitting a statement to Google before uploading your Android app in these situations.
The app will be published in Android's Google Play Store within the next 24-48 hours. Once it's published you will be able to find it using the search functionality and it will also be accessible to potential users/clients.