Apple Developers are responsible for creating, testing, and publishing apps for an iOS device. This article guides you to register and set up an Apple Developer account.
Apps in the iTunes store are submitted through Apple Developer accounts. To publish your app for iOS devices, you must sign up for an Apple Developer account. Apple requires each business to have their account. You can only use one developer account for each app based on the Apple Developer guidelines. You may also refer to these guidelines to assist your clients with this process.
To create an Apple Developer account, please follow the steps below:
Note: If you run into any issues, we recommend you to contact Apple support directly at
Create your Apple ID by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to the Apple Developer enrollment page.
- Enter or create a new Apple ID.
We recommend you to create a new Apple ID that reflects your business name. This way, your personal Apple ID is separate from your business account.
Read and verify that you have read Apple's Developer Agreement.
Select an Entity Type. There are three options:
- Government Organization
Note: The entity type is used by Apple and is displayed as your Developer Name. For example, as an Individual, your Developer Name will be your full name. As an Organization, your Developer Name will be your business's name.
If you are enrolling as an organization, you will need an Apple ID for the following:
- A D-U-N-S® Number
Legal Entity Status
Your organization must be a legal entity so that it can be entered into contracts with Apple. Apple does not accept DBAs, fictitious businesses, trade names, or branches
- Legal Binding Authority
As the person enrolling an organization in Apple's Developer Program, you must have the legal authority to bind your organization to legal agreements. You must be the organization's owner/founder, executive team member, senior project lead, or have legal authority granted to you by a senior employee.
Enter and confirm your contact information.
Enter the payment information and then confirm it to complete your purchase.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your order with a link to verify your email address. Just follow the instructions to confirm your account.
- The enrollment cost is $99 and renews annually. Your account renewal is required for your application to run appropriately.
- Confirmation of your account can take up to 48 hours.
- To successfully publish iOS applications, ensure you have logged in and accepted any additional Terms of Service prompts.
- Membership is now available at no cost for eligible organizations, including non-profit organizations, accredited educational institutions, and government entities based in the United States. Refer to Apple Developer Program Membership Fee Waivers for more details on eligibility requirements.
- If you face an issue while publishing your app, refer to Error While Republishing Apps.