The Tell Friend feature and the Share button enable your users to share through SMS Text, Email, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more. When a user decides to share your app, a pre-populated message with the App Store, Play Store, or PWA URL will appear on their screen. They can add, remove, or alter the text as they wish before blasting out their message!
Adding the Tell Friend Feature
Navigate to the Build tab in BiznessApps.
Click on the +Add button in the FEATURES section.
Search for the Tell Friend feature and click on it.
- Click Select.
Enter a name for your feature and click Add. Your newly added feature should now appear in the left-side menu.
Customizing the Tell Friend Content
In the Content tab, you can enter a new name for your feature (in the Screen/Feature Name field). This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g., "Share with Friends" instead of "Tell a Friend").
You can also check the video below for a quick overview of the Tell Friend Feature.
Tell Friend Home Screen Button
You can also enable the Tell Friend home screen button ("Share") to give users quick access to the feature. They do not need to navigate to the actual feature; they can just click the Share button on the app's home screen!
- Navigate to Create > Design > Home Screen.
- In the Additional Buttons section, enable the Share option.
- Click Save.
Configure Share Default Message
- Go to Settings > App Screens
- Scroll down to Social to customize the Share Default Message,
- Additional tags can be added to the message:
- [partner] - Adds the partner's name
- [iOS] - Adds the App Store URL if the app is published
- [Android] - Adds the Play Store URL if the app is published
- [Web App] - Adds the PWA URL if the app is published
- Note: The default text above can also be edited when sharing.
Here is an example of the Tell Friend home screen button on iOS:
Users can share your app on various platforms, using their basic messaging features (text & email) plus any social apps they have installed on their phones. Users can enable sharing-capable apps, customizing their personal Share Menu for quick access.
Users can share via:
- Text Messages (Only available for native apps - does not apply to PWAs)
- Facebook Posts
- LinkedIn Posts
Check out some live examples below:
Users can easily enable more apps to appear in their main sharing menu:
The pre-populated message contains only the application URLs, and it can be easily customized by your users.
Article is closed for comments.