Apple has been sending notifications to its developers since September 1st, 2016, requesting them to update their applications.
This article provides detailed information regarding notifications received from Apple stating that you must update your application or the status of the app has been changed to 'Removed From Sale'.
Apple has recently updated its 4.2.6 and 5.2.1 guidelines, requiring all application submissions to be submitted under the business' own Apple Developer Program account. Otherwise, the customer's submission will result in a rejection. Also, the application must be published under a seller and company name that reflects the institution's name.
Keep in mind that submitting documentation with permission to publish the application on behalf of the content's owner or institution will not resolve the issue. This application must be submitted under the Apple Developer account of the content owner.
You must republish the application to reactivate it. However, before trying to republish the app, it is critical to understand the rejection reason. Follow the steps mentioned below to find the reason for rejection:
- Using the email associated with the Apple Developer Account, check for an email containing details as to why the application was removed.
- Check the app on the App Store Connect. If the Developer Account is a Company/Organization account, add
email@example.com an Admin or App Manager with access to Certificates and Identifiers & Profiles. Next, inform our Support team to investigate the issue further.
- Alternatively, using the Apple Developer account, log in and select the appropriate category needed ('app review').
- The membership price for the Apple Developer Account is 99 USD per year. However, if you are a nonprofit, educational institution, or government entity, you may be eligible for a fee waiver.
- You can also create an Apple Developer Account and then transfer your App to the Apple Developer Account.
- For further details regarding republishing applications, refer to Why Must Apps Be Re-Published When a New Release Is Out?