The YouTube Channel feature is a great way to display your business's YouTube Channel in a clean, accessible format right through your app.
The youtube feature is great for industries, such as:
- Fitness studios
- Celebrity personalities/Bloggers
Note: The YouTube Channel feature is not the best option if you only wish to display one video. Instead, you can:
- Use a Web Site feature to link directly to a video.
- Embed the video into an Info feature using the HTML option in the description's editor.
Adding the youtube channel feature
- Navigate to the Build tab to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
- Click on ADD FEATURE.
- Choose the YouTube Channel feature from the menu, then click on SELECT
- Name your feature as you wish (in the screenshot below the name is 'youtube'), then click on ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
- Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- Use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- Click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- Edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- Toggle on/off the feature.
- Jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Customizing the Content
Having navigated to Build -> Feature -> Youtube Channel feature, you can rename the feature, change the settings, and add the YouTube Channel link.
- Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "YouTube Channel").
- Under Settings, choose what order to display you'd like your videos to appear in Ascending or Descending order.
- Youtube Channel Link: Paste your YouTube channel URL here. Check out the instructions on Finding Your Channel Name below.
- Click on Save at the top right when you're done.
Finding Your Channel Name
- Go to the YouTube Website.
- Find a video hosted on the YouTube channel you plan to integrate. In the example below, we plan to integrate the PronunciationManual channel in my app, so click on one of their videos.
- From the video's page, find the channel name beneath the video title. Click the channel name.
- When the channel loads, you'll see the full URL in your browser.
- Copy the channel name (everything that follows "channel/" in the URL).
Important: Please note that when you use a channel or playlist, there's a caching mechanism that gets updated every 36 hours. That means that if a video is added in a channel or a playlist, this video may not appear as an option for up to 36hours from the time it was added.
If you wish to create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you can do so by checking the Overriding The Global Design For A Specific App Feature KB article
In the following video, you can watch an overview of the Youtube feature.