When uploading your BiznessApps Android APK file to Google Play Store you may receive an error saying "You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle that is signed with a key that is also used to sign APKs that are delivered to users". This article explains why this occurs and what steps you can take to resolve it.
You may receive the following error messages when trying to upload an APK file you received in the automated BiznessApps email after submitting the app on the BiznessApps CMS platform.
You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle that is signed with a key that is also used to sign APKs that are delivered to users. Because you are enrolled in App Signing by Google Play, you should sign your APK or Android App Bundle with a new key before you upload it.
This error is usually the result of enrolling for Google Play App Signing when initially uploading the APK. It is received as the certificates from the existing app do not match the app (APK) that you want to upload. This would generally occur:
- when the Google Play App signing option has been used for this app or
- if the app is created on another App Builder
In the case of BiznessApps it is usually because of the signing option that has been enabled.
- APK file you received in the automated email after submitting the file on the CMS platform
As a workaround, you should NOT use Google Play App Signing while publishing an app.
If the app is not live yet, you could delete the listing and start from scratch.
- Log into your Google console and go to All Applications.
- Click on the respective app that you'd like to delete.
- Look at the very top where your app name is located. If your app says DRAFT, right next to it is the Delete button.
Alternatively, if you want to keep the existing upload and remove it only once the new one is published, follow the steps as outlined in the Disabling Google Play App Signing while publishing an app KB article.
You will not receive this error message upon uploading your APK and you will be able to proceed with the app publishing on the Google Play Store.
- "You Uploaded An APK That Is Signed With A Different Certificate" Error Upon Uploading On Google Play Store
- "You Need To Use A Different Package Name" Error When Uploading APK To Google Play Store
- Disabling Google Play App Signing while publishing an app