The Sign-Up feature gives the option to the app user to sign-up while visiting your app. This will provide them with a pleasing and tailored to their needs app onboarding experience.
Onboarding is one of the most critical phases in an app user's journey.
App user onboarding is the first point of contact and, therefore, the key to making a great first impression with customers.
The App User Onboarding process provides a seamless and straightforward walkthrough that educates customers on the value of the app, as well as its feature permission requests.
The sign-up feature is used to help you put a name and face to app users. In essence, it allows app users to create accounts. This creates an authentication workflow that allows you to control access to your app and learn more about your users.
Watch the video below for more information on the benefits of the Sign-Up feature and how you can set it up.
- Go to the Build step in the CMS.
- Under APP ONBOARDING of the features list, click on Sign-up | Log-in > Get Started.
- To enable it, switch the Configure the screens and messaging for sign-up and log-in slider.
- In the Content tab, you will see the available options to configure App Onboarding Sign-up, Log-In, Consent, and Loyalty settings as you scroll down. Once one of the cells is clicked (Sign-up Options in this case) and saved, the App Preview on the right will show an example of this exact screen displaying the Sign-up Options.
Note: The view may be different if the Group Management Add-on is enabled
5. In the Custom Design tab, you can customize the look and feel of your sign-up feature
App Onboarding Sign-up
- Sign-up Options: It allows you to configure how new users will sign up on your app.
- Allow users to skip sign-up: This will add a Not Now button at the bottom of the screen to allow the users to skip the login.
- Allow sign-up with social media: This option lets you choose and allow which social media options are available for the users to create an account with.
- Email Account Creation: This is not configurable, unless you have enabled Group Management
- Account Profile - Name Request: The following screen allows you to customize the text that is displayed (along with a birthday intake form).
- The Log-in option screens for existing users to log in to the app.
- Reset Password and Reset Password Confirmation: These cells allow you to customize the text shown on the password reset pages.
- Sign-up Consent pop-up (GDPR-compliant).
The Consent feature was initially built as a tool to aid your application for compliance with the GDPR. It allows you to ask your app users for consent regarding email marketing, analytics data sharing, and a consent workflow for users under the age of 16.
Note: We have pre-filled these fields with some example text. Please ensure that this is configured in accordance with your business and its compliance with the GDPR. These consent options are directly tied to our software and are not to be used for other messages than their intended purpose.
- The Email Marketing consent field is in place to ask your customers if they consent to any email marketing services you may have in place. You will also see a checkmark in the Customers list indicating if the user has consented or not.
- The Data and Analytics field, when unchecked, will no longer track that user's activity when using the app.
- The Age verification flow is designed to ensure that users under the age of 16 must receive permission to use the application from their parent or guardian. This field is optional to give you more control over your application.
The GDPR requires logging of the consent for each user, including what the exact consent message was displayed at the time of consent. We have built a logging system that keeps records of this information. There are two other details mentioned in the law:
- You are required to show the customers their consent choices periodically.
- If the consent message is changed, you will need to show the consent options again.
We have built a solution for both of these. If you adjust the consent messages in any way, your users will be shown this consent pop-up again when they launch the application next time.
- The design settings will be imported from your Global Design. However, you can modify these by using the settings under Custom Design. These settings will be used each time the Sign-up | Log-in screens are displayed, regardless if it is on an app launch or while using a feature like Loyalty.
- The main Sign-up page's Branding (YOURLOGO) and Background are configured from the below section.
NOTE: The Branding image configured in the Custom Design tab of the Sign-up feature is different from the one configured in the Custom Design tab of the Walkthrough feature.
Other Features That Vary for the Sign-up Page
Groups (previously called Membership)
If you are using the Groups feature, the Sign-up pages will be different. Please see the article Setting Up Group Management (Membership) Add-On.
NOTE: When Sign-up is enabled, the User Accounts section under Settings gets hidden.
After you have configured all the settings, click Save at the top right to apply all your changes.
- If your users skipped the initial sign-up, or are currently logged out when using the loyalty feature, then this version of the Sign-up flow will be used.
- The following options allow you to set whether account creation is required for the Loyalty feature, and when:
- Always: For every stamp and redeem, the user must be logged in. There will be no Not Now skip button.
- Upon loyalty redemption: The Not Now button will be available for normal stamps, but a user must create or log in to their account to redeem the loyalty benefits.
- Never: User is never required to create or sign in to an account. The sign-up screen will continue to display, but the Not Now skip button will always be available to them to bypass.
For more information, check the Building the Loyalty Feature KB article
- Overriding the Global Design for a Specific App Feature
- Configuring the Walkthrough Feature
- Setting Up Group Management (Membership) Add-On
- Building the Loyalty Feature
- You can also watch the video tutorial on Customer Onboarding and Management.