You need to enable card payments by the use of Braintree payment gateway on the Food Ordering, Reservation, or Merchandise features. This article shows how you can integrate the Braintree Provider into our platform.
- Braintree Production account (Sandbox account will not work)
- If you use a Sandbox account you will get a message "The credit card payment is not available"
- If you don't have an account yet, you can sign up by following the steps in the following link: Braintree Sign Up
- On your Braintree dashboard, scroll down to Production API Keys to locate Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key.
- Navigate to the CMS app dashboard, choose a feature that contains a payment option (eg Food Ordering as per the screenshot below) . Locate the Payment section in the feature.
- Under Payment Gateway, select Braintree, and copy/paste Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key into the corresponding fields.
- Click Save on the upper right-hand corner to save the changes.
Notes: You can enable more features and security measures through your Braintree account at any point.
- Learn how to add PayPal to your Braintree Integration
- Learn to improve fraud protection by enabling AVS and CVV rules.
- Place an order, selecting Card as your payment method.
- You will see the new card payment screen appear after you click Check Out.
Note: The app users can plug in their card details right away —no need to log in or even have a Braintree account.