- Users can use Braintree as a payment gateway on their Food Ordering or Merchandise to allow card transactions (i.e., credit & debit cards).
- Braintree takes 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. There are no monthly minimums and no monthly fees in the Standard Account. For more information, visit Braintree.
- This article explains the process of integrating Braintree into Bizness Apps.
Follow these steps to integrate Braintree:
- Go to Braintreepayments.com and click Sign Up to get started.
- Fill out your information for accepting payments through the app.
- Once these sections are complete, click "I Agree," as seen below:
- When your application is approved, you will see the message below.
- Check your inbox for two confirmation emails from Braintree. One of them requires you to click a link to confirm the account.
- This link takes you to an account setup page. Choose a username, provide your email, and set your password here, then click Save.
- Log into the new account and provide a mobile number if you wish to add another layer of security to your account. If you choose to do so, you will receive a text with a security code to verify you phone number.
- From Braintree dashboard, scroll down to Production API Keys to locate Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key.
- Return to the app dashboard, choose a feature that contains a payment option. Locate the Payment section in the feature.
- Under Payment Gateway, select Braintree, and copy/paste Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key into the corresponding fields.
- Click Save to finish up.
- Be sure to test out your new Braintree integration in the app! Place an order, selecting Card as your payment method.
- Users see the new card payment screen appear after you click Check Out. The customers can plug in their card details—no need for them to log in or even have a Braintree account.
- Keep in mind; users can enable more features and security measures through their Braintree account at any point.
- Learn how to enable PayPal.
- Learn to improve fraud protection by enabling AVS and CVV rules.