Starting with Gaslamp source code, you can now easily upload your business' logo to brand your mobile application. This allows your logo to be placed as a new layer on top of your home screen image and any carousel images you are using. This means you no longer need Photoshop to successfully brand your app and it unlocks even more creativity on what is capable in your design.
The Branding tool replaces the home screen header image upload area. We found this was a rarely used feature, however, you can still effectively upload a header image here by placing it at the top of your home screen to replicate the old functionality.
- Navigate to the Design step, and select Add next to Branding.
- After proceeding through the walkthrough, a sample logo is displayed. This is so you can get an idea of the functionality. Select the Choose image button on the left and either upload a new image or select a previously uploaded image.
- Adjust your image size and placement by dragging the image around the sample Homescreen.
- Once you press Select on the image you wish to use you will now be in full control of the placement. This image, whether its a logo, slogan, photo or something else, sits above the home screen image and carousel images. The widgets on your apps home screen and any home screen shortcuts appear on top of the branding image.
- The instruction to the left of the Branding Tool helps you master the branding tool in order to keep your image from being skewed and to align it as required.
- Once you are happy with its placement, select Save.
- Preview your app branding by using one of our App Previewers. Whether you like to use the preview tools built into the CMS, or you prefer to check on your smartphone, this branding image is now applied to your app. Remember, if you wish to use this on your live application, it will need to be updated to source code 48.0 Gaslamp or greater.