You can add an SSL certificate to your Client Panel. You can either request BiznessApps to set it up on your behalf or you can get it yourself and then provide it to BiznessApps. This article provides details on how to enable SSL on your client panel when you have your own SSL certificate.
Note: Either way, you will have to contact Support to get your Certificate enabled on the Client Panel
- Purchase an SSL certificate for your subdomain, specifically the certificate should be for apache2-mod_ssl. Your SSL provider will contact the domain's WHOIS email address. You will need to respond to this email to verify ownership.
- Once you have purchased your SSL certificate for your subdomain, we will need some information from you to activate SSL on your client panel:
Note: You can use the tool CSR Generator to generate your Private Key and CSR (Certificate Signing Request):
- Private Key File
SSL uses two pairs of keys, one private and one public key. The Private Key is initially used to generate a CSR and later verify connections using the certificate. In order to activate SSL on your Client Panel, we will need access to the Private Key.
- Certificate File
The Certificate File is included in your SSL certificate and works with the Private Key to ensure your data is protected.
- Certificate Authority File
Another public file, the Certificate Authority (CA) file establishes the legitimacy of the SSL certificate. When the URL is opened, the browser can verify that the SSL certificate is valid and is from a known SSL provider.
- Private Key File
- During the setup process, you should gain access to the Private Key, Certificate File and Certificate Authority file. We will need access to all three files to activate SSL on your Client Panel. Please contact Support attaching the files information. If you are not able to locate or did not receive these files, please reach out to your SSL provider.
- Once we have the above information, we will set up SSL for your Client Panel. You will receive a confirmation email upon completion (approximately 48 hours).
If you have received these files from a customer who wishes to have them applied to their account, follow the steps in the BiznessApps Routing Table to create a Jira ticket for SaaS Ops to implement.
If the customer is inquiring about how long it will take us to generate their SSL certificate, note the following: There are two types of SSL certs - Partner and PWA. Certificates can be provided by the customer or we use LetsEncrypt to create them for them. When we create them it is on this schedule:
PWA: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Partner: Tuesday and Thursday
- Our recommended SSL Providers
- Please make sure you purchase the SSL certificate that covers your subdomain. This can either be a single-subject certificate that matches the subdomain exactly, or a wildcard certificate that covers it, or a Subject Alternative Name (SAN) certificate that has an entry that matches the subdomain exactly.
These are correct examples
mybusiness.com, www.mybusiness.com, apps.mybusiness.com (SAN)
These are incorrect examples:
- mybusiness.com (does not cover apps.mybusiness.com)
- *.apps.mybusiness.com (wildcards only cover subdomains, so yes.apps.mybsuiness.com works, but apps.mybusiness.com does not.)
- mybusiness.com, www.mybusiness.com, login.mybusiness.com, mail.mybusiness.com, ftp.mybusiness.com (apps is not in there)