The CMS portal provides you the option to translate words and/or phrases and add a custom translation of your choice. This article shows how you can do that using the Client Translations Panel.
You will need to do that for two reasons:
- translate words/phrases in the language you wish. This way you will not use the traditional hard-coded text translation based on the device's default language
- replace default words that come with the CMS tool with the words of your preference.
- The Translation feature is only available for Resellers (Standard, Gold, and Platinum Plans) and not Individual App plans.
From the Reseller Dashboard, click on My Client's View > Translations from the left-side menu.
Click Mobile Apps. A menu appears.
Select the preferred language from the Available Translatable Languages dropdown before adding the translated message (translate each language you would like your applications to support).
Select Features to view feature-specific translations, or Common to view app-wide translations.
You will see all the translatable objects on the list. They are organized by tab, in alphabetical order. Click the Translation field and type your new translation.
Alternatively, you can also use the search option to locate a specific text in your app to translate.
- Keep in mind, these translations will apply to all apps within your Reseller account, so it is important to keep them general enough for all your clients and users.
- Translations can be done on one or more sections of the client panel.
When you use your app you will see the text you have decided as translation.
In the example below the user has decided to translate the English word 'June' into the corresponding Portuguese word.
Therefore, the app shows 'Junho' and not 'June' .