This article describes the process of translating languages on mobile apps as opposed to the traditional hard-coded text being translated based on the device's default language. This article also provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on app translation.
Our Reseller-specific translation tool allows you to add their custom translations to their apps. Previously, our apps would detect the device's default language and translate hard-coded text according to our own global system translations. Now the translations can replace our global translations.
Note: The Translation feature is only available for Resellers and not Individual App plans.
- From the Reseller dashboard, click My Client's View from the left-side menu.
- Select Translations from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click Mobile Apps, and a menu appears.
- Select Available Translatable Languages drop-down before adding the translated message.
- Select Features to view feature-specific translations, or Common to view app-wide translations.
- You will see all the translatable objects in the list below. They are organized by tab, in alphabetical order. Click the Translation field and type your new translation and click Save.
Can I Use This Tool If My Apps Are Running Older Source Codes?
You can use the translation tool, but your translations will only work for apps running Chestnut source code (February 2, 2015) or later.
I Do Not See My Translations Through the Preview App. Why Not?
Since our preview apps are technically not housed within your Reseller account, they will not reflect your translations (yet).
For now, only your live apps running Chestnut and newer will reflect the translations. Soon enough, we will be updating our preview apps, so they display your Reseller translations as well.
Does This Feature Only Benefit International Customers?
Not at all. Translation is just a general term. You can use this feature to add your preferred terms to your apps rather than using ours. For instance, in the Real Estate tab, our default section titles are Own and Rentals.
If this does not make sense to you and your customers, translate that text to whatever works best for your needs. Keep in mind, these translations will apply to all apps within your Reseller account, so it is important to keep them general enough for all your clients and users.
Email us at Bisnessapps Support with any additional questions!