You need to transfer an iOS app to another Apple Developer account or iTunes Account. This article provides the procedure and information you should take into consideration.
You wanted to transfer to another iOS Developer Account so that the app can be submitted/published through the new account because:
- your client has stopped payments
- your client's previous account is broken
- your client created a new developer account and needs their app under this account
- The app must have been approved at some point (if there is a pending update, that is fine).
- Both the transferring & receiving accounts must have an active subscription to the iOS Developer program.
- You must have access to the following info for the receiving account: Recipient's Team Agent Apple ID (the username of the receiving account) and Team ID (a series of numbers & letters found in Apple Developer).
- To transfer an iOS App to Another Developer Account, just follow the steps as outlined in the App transfer overview KB article.
- You may have to complete agreements in the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section of Connect before proceeding.
- Transferring an app breaks the certificate chain in Developer, meaning the push notifications will no longer work. If you transfer an app, be sure to contact us ASAP if you can't rebuild the push notification certificate so we can help you.
- The app does not have to be re-published once transferred. but we recommend that it is on the lastest code version to be able to assist you if any issues arise.
- App transfers can take some time to register. During this time, the status will read Processing App Transfer
Once the app transfer gets completed, the app will disappear from the transferring account and appear in the My Apps section of the receiving account.