You want to unpublish or deactivate your existing PWA, iOS, or Android app under your Partner/Reseller account. Unpublishing will allow you to deactivate your app, making it Inactive in the CMS, and existing app users won't be able to use the app's features. If you want to prevent new users from downloading the app, you need to perform the corresponding removal from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- You have a Reseller/Partner account
NOTE: If you have an Individual account (Single App), you cannot unpublish or deactivate your app temporarily. Your only option is to cancel your BiznessApps account. See the Canceling-Your-BiznessApps-Account article for more information.
As a Partner/Reseller, you can unpublish any app that you manage for any particular platform, or from all of them.
- Before you unpublish it is highly recommended you Customize the Inactive Message for Unpublished Apps
This way you can change the text of the inactive message that users see when accessing apps that have been unpublished. The same message appears for all unpublished apps in your reseller account. Therefore, it is important to make it generic.
- Unpublish the App
- Navigate to My Apps in the Reseller Dashboard.
- Click on Published.
- Click the triple dot icon '...' at the bottom right of the app that you wish to unpublish.
- Select Edit > Status from the pop-up menu.
- The Status section appears. Click the UNPUBLISH link separately for each platform (iOS, Android, or Web App).
- A confirmation pop-up appears. Click Unpublish to confirm to make the app Unpublished
- This will change the UNPUBLISH link to PUBLISH | MAKE INACTIVE. Click the MAKE INACTIVE link to make the app Inactive.
- To make the app Inactive is a two-step process, you must use the UNPUBLISH and MAKE INACTIVE links in order for the app to be Inactive
- After using the MAKE INACTIVE link the links will become PUBLISH | MAKE ACTIVE. Use the MAKE ACTIVE link and PUBLISH link to make the app Active and Published again, following the publishing process
1. Navigate to My Apps and confirm that your app is marked as inactive.