The article details the process to connect Star Micronics printers and the supported versions via cloudPRNT.
Sun Micronics CloudPRNT
Following printers are supported from the Sun Micronics CloudPRNT range:
- TSP650IICloudPRNT (Recommended)
The printers listed above can be purchased from any genuine supplier, here are the few trusted suppliers:
Star Micronics also offers a WiFi Power Pack, which transforms any Star Lan interface printer to a wireless printer.
For more details on the CloudPRNT printers and WIFI power pack, check the listing page.
Fetching the URL
Picking the feature and store location (if applicable) you wish to print:
- Head over to either the Food Ordering, Reservations or Merchandise feature.
- Navigate to the Extras section.
- Find the location you wish to pair with your printer, and click 'Copy URL' to have this URL added to your clipboard.
- This URL will be added to the 'Server URL' field in the printer setup.
5. Next, go to the 'Emails' section and under 'Admin Receipt,' enter the email you would like the receipts sent to in the Admin Email' field.
Configuring Printer to connect
The simple stuff:
Plug into power
Plug in ethernet to LAN.
Hold the 'feed' button and power on.
Printer will print two pages. The second page comes in about 5-10 seconds.
On the bottom of the second page you will find the IP address.
Type this IP address into your computer browser.
Once on this webpage you should see a 'Login' option in the left menu.
default username pass: root / public
Once logged in, on left panel click ‘CloudPRNT’
cloudPRNT page steps:
1. Enable cloudPRNT Service
2. Enter URL provided in the Food Ordering, Merchandise or Reservations 'Extras' section into the ‘Server URL’ field.
3. Hit submit, then Save, Save configuration, restart device.
That's it! Your printer will now print all orders from this feature.