You may need to add a printer so you can print out order and reservation confirmation emails automatically. This article details the process of configuring a Thermal Cloud Printer into BiznessApps and more specifically the process to connect Star Micronics printers and the supported versions via cloudPRNT.
- iOS or Android device
- Star Micronics CloudPRNT. The following printers are supported from the Sun Micronics CloudPRNT range:
Star Micronics also offers a WiFi Power Pack, which transforms any Star Lan interface printer to a wireless printer.
For more details on the CloudPRNT printers and WIFI power pack, check the listing page.
CloudPRNT is a technology enabling users to print to Star printers directly through a cloud service.
Fetching the URL
Picking the feature and store location (if applicable) you wish to print:
- Head over to either the Food Ordering, Reservations, or Merchandise feature.
- Navigate to the Extras section.
- Find the location you wish to pair with your printer, and click Copy URL to have this URL added to your clipboard.
- This URL will be added to the 'Server URL' field in the printer setup.
- Next, go to the Emails section, and under Admin Receipt, enter the email you would like the receipts sent to in the Admin Email field.
Configuring the Printer to Connect
First you need to do the following on the printer side:
- Install paper.
- Plug into power.
- Plug in the ethernet to the LAN.
- Hold the 'feed' button and power on.
- The printer will print two pages. The second page comes in about 5-10 seconds.
- On the bottom of the second page, you will find the IP address.
Then you need to follow the steps below. As an example, we use the printer IP: http://192.168.10.104. Substitute it with the one of your printer.
- Enter the IP address into your computer browser (i.e., http://192.168.10.104).
- Once opened in the browser, you should see a Login option on the left menu.
- Click Login.
- Default username:
- Once logged in, on the left panel, click 'CloudPRNT'.
- Enable the CloudPRNT Service.
- Paste the URL copied in the Food Ordering, Merchandise, or Reservations' Extras' section into the Server URL field.
- Click Submit, then Save to save the configuration.
- Restart the device.
- Print what you wish