Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an extra layer of security for an Apple ID. This article provides information on how you can use the 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) for both Apple Organization Developer and Individual Developer accounts.
2Fa is designed to ensure that the person who set up the Apple ID is the only person who can access their account, even if someone knows their password. With two-factor authentication for Apple ID enabled, your account can only be accessed on devices that are trusted like your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
So when you sign in to your Apple ID, for example via a web browser on a PC, the registered iOS device will be triggered to display the 2FA code. This code that displays on the iOS device must be entered into the web browser to proceed with the Apple ID authentication.
Note: 2FA is required for Apple Account Holders.
Two Factor Authentication - Organisation Developer Accounts
2FA is triggered every time an Apple Developer Account is signed into. This clearly impacts the BiznessApps publishing team as they have to sign in to the developer account to publish an app.
The solution for Apple Organisation Developer Accounts is to add BiznessApps as a team member. In that case, the following points apply.
- Your client will not be prompted with 2FA on their device.
- The BiznessApps Publish Team can proceed with the publishing of an app without any issues.
Two Factor Authentication – Individual Developer Accounts
However, with Apple Individual Developer Accounts, BiznessApps cannot be added as a member with the required access (you cannot assign Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles much like the Apple Organization Developers Account). Therefore when the BiznessApps team attempts to publish an app on behalf of An Apple Individual developer account, they have to use the customers’ Apple ID and not BiznessApps Apple ID.
The workaround is for you (as a partner) to add your phone number as a trusted phone number. This way the following points apply:
- A 2FA code will be sent to your phone
- If needed, this 2FA code can be provided to the BiznessApps Uploads team within 30 seconds before it expires, as long as you are on the phone with the BiznessApps team.
- Thus, the BiznessApps Publish Team will avoid communicating directly with your client.
- Enabling Two Factor Authentication for an Apple Developer Account
- Adding A Trusted Phone Number For Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Adding BiznessApps As A Team Member In The App Store Connect
Please sign in to leave a comment.