The News feature is great for keeping users up-to-date on the latest industry or business news. Google News and Twitter posts will be aggregated into the feed based on the keywords you provide.
Great for these industries:
Navigate to the Build tab to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below:
- Click on ADD FEATURE.
- Choose the News feature from the menu, then click on SELECT.
- Name your feature, then click on ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
- Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- Use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- Click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- Edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- Toggle on/off the feature.
- Jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature, configure your settings, and select your keywords.
- Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "In the News" as opposed to "News").
- Under Settings, toggle on Display Newsfeed Widget if you would like the news ticker to appear at the bottom of the app's home screen.
- Choose between Custom News Ticker or Social News Ticker.
- The Custom News Ticker allows you to create an unlimited number of Headlines.
- Each Headline can be linked with either a feature or nested feature of the app (identical to the animated images), or even a unique URL (does not have to be an existing website feature).
- Headlines have description fields as well. These will be optional and limited in size. It will allow you to write more details about the Headline in the News feature.
- The Social News Ticker allows you to add keywords for each news source. The more keywords you add, the more your search narrows, so for the most results you should limit it to 1-3 keywords (e.g. "Italian restaurant, San Francisco").
- Google News Keywords: Add keywords separated by commas. These keywords will be used to search in Google News for relevant articles.
- Twitter Keywords: Add keywords or hashtags separated by commas. These keywords will be used to search in Twitter for relevant, public tweets including all keywords.
- Click on SAVE at the top-right when you are done.
You can create a Custom Design for this feature instead of using Global Design.