When uploading an app icon in the Publish Step, you may receive the following error:
app icon is too heavy.
This indicates that the file size is too large.
Reduce the size of the icon using Photoshop by following these steps:
- Open the app icon in Photoshop.
- From the File menu, select Save for Web:
- At the top right, from the drop-down menu, change PNG-24 to PNG-8.
- A new drop-down menu for Colors is displayed to the right. The default is 256. Decrease the colors until your file size (visible at the bottom left of the window) drops down to 500 KB or lower.
- Save the file, and upload it in Publish.