You need to change the "from" field/sender account sent to your app users as the confirmation emails when they submit a form. This article explains how you can do that.
You noticed or you received some notifications from the app users that the confirmation emails are sent from a wrong email address.
This is usually is as per design, since
- this email address is pulled from the "support email address" associated with your Reseller account for the
- The "from" email address on Food Ordering confirmations come by default from a generic email address that we use for all apps.
Note: The "from" email address on form submission confirmations, order confirmations, and appointment confirmations will be the same for all of your apps.
- (applicable to Resellers only) For the following tabs check the Changing The Support Email Address For Resellers KB article:
- (applicable to both Resellers and Single Clients) The "from" email address on Food Ordering confirmations can be customized by editing your admin email. This is applicable for both confirmation emails and emails to ePrinters, if any (eg HP ePrinter). Check the Changing The Admin Or Login Email Address For An App KB article.
Because one generic email address is the sender on these confirmation emails, your customers (the business owners) cannot reply to confirmation emails to get in touch with clients. Similarly, your customers' clients (the end-users) cannot reply to their confirmation emails to get in touch with the business.
- Adding a note in the tab description about emailing the business directly, so end-users know to not reply to the confirmation email.
- Explaining this system to your customers (the business owners) so that they're aware that they should not reply to confirmation emails, but instead draft a new email to respond to customer orders/submissions.
- Keeping the email address general. We also suggest using a "no-reply" prefix (like email@example.com) so customers notice that they should not respond to these emails. If you're not comfortable using a "no-reply" email address for the Email Form, Merchandise, and Reservation tabs, you can always set up a separate email address that is solely for confirmation email replies and forwards these replies to your clients when you receive them. Keep in mind, this is more work for you and you may be better off just going with #1 & #2.
Note: For Single Clients that are hosted under Bizness Apps, the default support email address is ours (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you (the business owner) or your end-users respond to confirmation emails, those emails will come to us. We'll always be sure to email you back and let you know your response came to us, but make sure to keep this in mind when you receive submissions.
The email address confirmation emails will be sent from will be customized according to your needs.