This article outlines the Promotional and Marketing Options you have so you can grow your business and make your app known to potential users. It also outlines some suggestions to improve your app's searchability.
Taking an app live is a huge business success milestone. The customer is probably thinking, "What's the next step?" Once the app goes live, it's time to promote the app and spread the word about all the nice features that are available. The more the users that download the app, the more beneficial it will become for the business.
BiznessApps is having a Promotional Kit. The customers can use the tools in this kit to effectively market their app and gain users!
Access the Promotional and Marketing Material for your app
The Promotional Kit is an all-in-one solution to create a seamless promotional material for your business. The kit includes a Poster, Table Tent, and Table Cards.
To start, select Set Up and choose from one of the three promotional options below:
- Under Edit, you can also choose to add the App Icon or the QR code, as well as adjust the accent color, and reset the template.
- We recommend sticking to the primary color used within your app for a cohesive design.
- A ZIP file containing the Poster, Table Tent, and Table Card is downloaded to the computer.
Staff Training Poster
- Select Setup to get started.
- Choose the accent color for your poster. We recommend sticking to the primary color used within your app for a cohesive design.
- The poster comes with default text, however, you can easily customize the content by selecting Edit.
- Lastly, select Download. The Poster will be downloaded to your computer.
Use the Staff Training poster to
- notify employees of the new app,
- highlight the benefits of the app and
- encourage user installation.
Marketing the app in social media is also an economical option. Post your app listing URLs on your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and blogs.
- You can integrate some of the BiznessApps KB articles in your company blog so you can expose them to your clients. Just note that if you use the iframe approach, the clients will be able to see it is from Bizness Apps. You'll have to take the articles and post them on your blog to avoid that. For each article, we would suggest you proceeded with a "search and replace" in order to replace any mention of Bizness Apps, by your company/website name.
Tips on Searchability
When an app first goes live, the customer will probably notice that it's not at the top of the list when they search in the App Store/Google Play. This is normal for a new app, but there are some things they can do to gradually increase its visibility.
- Have your app users rate it highly and leave comments about the app. The more feedback, the more visibility.
- A unique app name will narrow search results so users do not have to swipe through pages and pages before they find yours.
- Include specific keywords that are not generic.
- Try to make the app description as unique as possible, including the app name and keywords within it. Repetition is essential.
- The keyword metadata field in the CMS is only available when publishing for Apple apps.
- For Google apps, have a look at the following articles: