In the Customers page, you will be able to see all of your app customers and take action on them. Whether it is marking as a favorite, exporting data for reporting, or sending individual push notifications, all of that can all be accomplished here. This article describes how to use the Customers page and the changes applied in order to become GDPR compliant.
- In order to take full advantage of the Customers page, we recommend to enable and set up the Sign-up feature.
- This will encourage your users to create customer accounts and effectively put a face and a name to all of your data.
- Check out the article on Sign-up feature to learn more.
Have a look at the video below on a review of the Customer's page and the value it provides to customers.
Here you find the full list of your customers. The list is very powerful and there are a number of actions you can take from this screen alone.
- By clicking on any of the column titles, you can adjust the sort and the sort order (ascending/descending).
- Try applying some of the filters available on the left. You will notice you can sort users by spend, activity and more.
Hover over a customer and you will be able to select them. Once you select a customer, you can continue to select more. In the image below you will notice a taskbar will appear at the bottom of the screen with the following actions.
- Favorites - Selecting this will add a heart icon next to the name. This is helpful to identify customers that are your top performers, or even a temporary marker to help you stay organized.
- Export - You will see this task gives you two options, Customer Email, and All Customer Info. If you just wish to export the email address of the selected customer(s), the first option is exactly what you want. If you wish to export all of the data you have for each selected customer(s), select All Customer Info.
Try clicking on the customer row, or the blue arrow at the right of the row. This will bring you to the customer detail page for this customer.
Customer Detail Page
This customer detail page shows a lot of powerful information, let us break it down.
You will notice the menu indicated by the three dots just below the customer's name and email. This menu will bring up the options:
- Send - For sending out individual Push Notifications
- Favorite - To mark as a favorite
- Export - To export, Customer Details, Customer Email, or All Customer Info
- Delete - To delete the user account
There are three sections to the Customer Detail page, Overview, Social and Engagement
- Status: This displays generally how often the user interacts with your application
- Last Device Used: This will show the last device that the user used when interacting with your app.
- Birthday: This is your customers Birthday.
- Shares: This is how many times this customer has shared from within the app.
Facebook, Twitter, and Google: These are the social accounts that your user has linked.
- Loyalty Redemptions: Total number of loyalty redemptions this user has completed
- Comments: Total number of comments made throughout the app
- Revenue: Sum of total orders through food ordering, merchandise, and reservations
- Push Notifications Received: Total number of push notifications received
- Last Usage: The last time the user was active in your app
- Account Created: The date this user created an account in your app.
- You will notice on the top right of the Customers page there is an 'Add Integration' button.
- This allows you to sync your third-party mailing list service to your customer list.
- After selecting the service click Next , and follow the simple steps to link it. You can sync the emails you have gathered through your app to this service.
- Each time you return, you will see an upload button showing how many new email addresses you have received.
Changes for GDPR
The Customers page has received a few updates with new tools to help become GDPR compliant.
- Email Marketing Consent identifier: This will only show if the consent popup under the Sign Up option is enabled. This new checkmark showing next to each email address will display green if your customers have consented to the email marketing option in the consent popup. You can also clearly identify this via the hover state. Email address who have not consented will no longer sync to your third-party mailing list services as an added convenience to you.
- We have added a new export option that will provide all personal data. This is how you can fulfill any ‘right of portability’ requests. The export may take some time so please be patient.
- We have included a delete option to the Customers Page. This allows you to fulfill any ‘right to be forgotten’ requests. Keep in mind that this action absolutely cannot be undone. Once a user is deleted from here all of its data will completely vanish from existence.
Also out the video tutorial on Customer Onboarding and Management.