The Reviews (Campaign) Add-On helps you build your business's reputation. This article outlines how you can enable the Reviews Add-On for your app and presents how you can integrate it so that app users can leave you reviews after using certain functionality of your app.
Reviews are important to every business's credibility and help you have a strong presence online. Our platform's Reviews Add-on allows you to take control of your online reputation and put your business on the top of web search results by boosting your star ratings.
- Reseller/Partner Account, as the Review Add-On is not available for Individual Accounts.
Enabling the Review Add-On
Navigate to the Add-ons section of your Partner dashboard.
Click the Start Free Trial button to get started. Each app must have its license to use the Reviews add-on:
Having checked the trial version, you can purchase a license. Navigate to Add-ons -> Reviews and click the Purchase Button.
- Once you have purchased your license, apply it to any app within your Partner dashboard under Add-ons > Reviews Campaign > Manage Apps.
- The app you select must have been already published at least once, it's not necessary to disable this feature when republishing the app.
- Check the Pricing-Offering to see how much a license costs according to your plan
Managing Your Content
After applying a Review license to your app under the Add-ons section, log in to the app to set up your campaign:
Navigate to Grow and select the Campaigns option to get started and select 'Setup'
- Start by adding your business's location(s). If you have multiple locations, you can add unique names for each location (i.e., Jack's Pizza La Jolla).
Select the checkboxes next to the Review sites you would like to use within the campaign and enter the Review Site URLs. Once added the Save button will enable itself.
Search for the business's location, and the URL will auto-populate. Yelp Enter the location's Yelp page URL. Enter the location's Facebook page URL. Trip Advisor Enter the location's Trip Advisor URL.
Note: To remove or rename a location, hover over the location, and select the three-dot icon. A dropdown menu will appear prompting you to remove or rename the location.
After setting up your locations, configure your Triggers, which are the events and actions used to initiate a review request from customers:
Reward (Loyalty) Prompts the customer to leave a review after redeeming a loyalty reward. Your app must contain the Loyalty feature to use this trigger. Commerce Prompts the customer to leave a review after making a purchase. Your app must have the Merchandise feature to use this trigger. Food Ordering Prompts the customer to leave a review after ordering food through the app. Your app must have the Food Ordering feature to use this trigger. Usage Prompts the customer for a review after engaging with the app for a certain number of times. This trigger can be applied to any feature within the app.
For each trigger, you can use the following options:
Set Prompt Timing Set the exact time during the user's experience when the user will receive the prompt to leave a review. Customize Message Enter your personalized message to prompt the customer to leave a review, which will appear for immediate prompts. Push Notification Send a push notification directly to the customer. Push notifications will be sent for delayed prompts.
Note: The push notification prompt is only available for the Food Ordering and Merchandise triggers.
Receiving Reviews - User's Perspective
When the review prompt appears, the customer will be asked if they were satisfied or not with the service.
- When a customer selects the Satisfied option, they will be shown the list of enabled review sites and when they select one, they will be redirected to it so they can leave their rating.
- When a customer selects the Dissatisfied option, they will be redirected to a feedback form. Customer feedback is consolidated and sent as a weekly report to the designated email (the client email associated with the app, which can be located in Edit Info > Client Email).
Check the following video for a short introduction to the Reviews Add-On, focusing on the app user's perspective.
Once your campaign is in full effect, you'll be able to see how many times a Trigger has been sent. It will also show how many reviews you have received, including the response rate (in percentage):
To remove a Review license from an app, navigate to the Add-ons section, and select Reviews.
Under Manage Apps, remove the license by selecting the radio button corresponding to the app.
Select the Remove Add-On option at the top of the page, which will allow you to reapply the license to another app.
Note: You can view your purchased and available licenses at the top of the page through the Manage Apps link.
You will have successfully enabled and configured the Review functionality on your app. Check the following video for a quick overview.