You or your clients have required the services of BiznessApps, but are already using another App Builder's account to build apps on. That is you wish your existing apps to be hosted by us and thus you need to transfer/move your apps under your account in another App Builder over to BiznessApps App Builder.
This article explains why you cannot transfer Android apps and how you can transfer existing iOS apps to BiznessApps App Builder.
- (applicable to iOS apps) Apple Developer Account
Each Android App Builder has its own API that communicates with its apps. This prevents the apps from functioning in another App Builder. Consequently, transferring apps to another builder makes them unusable.
In essence, for migrating to another app-builder, a completely new app needs to be created in the Google Play Store. The new app cannot be pushed as an update from the new App Builder. Once the new app is created, users should download the newly developed app to their devices and remove the previous one.
Therefore, you'll need to upload the Bizness Apps version as a new app, then encourage users of your old app to migrate to the latest version. Push notifications and in-app notices with links to the new Play Store listing are an excellent way to do this.
- Apps must first be recreated on the Bizness Apps platform.
- Because our app builder is different from other companies, it's not possible to migrate your existing app over to us as-is.
- You'll want to begin by creating an app on our site (which you can do for free). If you have multiple apps to migrate, we can also help you transfer these over. Email into firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- You need to add own or have access to the Apple Developer account where your app is hosted.
- Once you've recreated the app on the Bizness Apps platform, it's time to update over the existing version in the Apple Developer.
- To do this, you'll need to update with the Developer Account information the current version using the app you've created on our platform
- Once the update to your iOS app is released, the Bizness Apps version will take over.
- This process is seamless for the end users, who will see an available update for the app and install the updated version on their iOS devices.
- Nowadays, most iOS users have auto-updates enabled, which makes it even more convenient. Once the update is installed, users will be using the Bizness Apps version.
Note: You have to inform the BiznessApps Team what the next version of the app should be, so it will be updated accordingly and not get treated as a new publish bearing the default 1.0.0 version
You will have successfully moved your iOS app from another Builder to BiznessApps.