The WuFoo Form feature provides easy integration with WuFoo, a 3rd party form-building site that provides a huge array of features and customization options. This is a great feature to utilize if our native Email Form feature doesn't suit your needs. As the leader in form-building, WuFoo is constantly tacking on new features. Check out all that they offer here.
In general, email forms are a critical feature to provide in your apps. You can generate important info from your customers and have it sent directly to you via email, text, and more. With WuFoo, you can also view all form entries through their site, plus analyze the data you receive.
Navigate to the Build tab to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the WuFoo feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "WuFoo Form").
2. Under Wufoo Forms, click ADD WUFOO FORM. Complete the fields below, then click ADD. Repeat this process for each form.
3. Here you'll integrate your WuFoo form(s). Before moving onto steps 4-5, check out the WuFoo Form Set-Up instructions below.
4. Once you've created your form and copied your username and permanent URL, click ADD. Fill out the info and click Save at the top when you're done.
- Give your form a Name. This will appear in the app.
- Paste your form's permanent URL in the URL field.
5. That's it! Back in the main feature view, you can edit or delete your new form, or continue adding additional forms to your feature.
Note: You'll maintain your forms completely through your WuFoo account. Any time you update your form on WuFoo's site, those changes will be reflect in your app.
WuFoo Form Set-Up
1. First, register for a free account here.
2. Once signed up, you'll be taken to the Form Manager.
3. Click New Form! to get started. You'll see your form settings on the left-hand side, and your form preview to its right. Check out WuFoo's help center for tutorials & tips on the form-building process.
- Add a Field: Use this feature of the builder to add input fields to your form.
- Field Settings: Customize your fields' specific settings, restrictions, etc.
- Form Settings: Manage your general form settings.
4. Once you're done building and designing your form, save your changes, and you'll see the pop-up window below. click the 4th option to return to the Form Manager.
5. From the Form Manager, click the Start Sharing button to the right of your new form.
6. On the next page, copy the permanent URL. The second box indicates your unique embed code. Use this embed code to place your form into other pages.
Check out some live examples below!