The Website feature allows you to easily integrate a web page into your app. This feature is especially handy for promoting social media pages like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and OpenTable—or any other websites that don't contain Flash. To enable this feature, all you need is a website URL.
NOTE: Although the Website Feature is very reliable, Bizness Apps cannot guarantee it will work with absolutely any external component. We encourage you to test it first.
Great for these industries:
- Nonprofits and charities
- Offer space in the app for local businesses to advertise their website through the app.
Navigate to the Build tab to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the Web Site feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature and add website views.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Facebook" as opposed to "Web Site").
2. Under Settings, click the slider to enable specific options.
- Navigation Bar: A navigation bar will appear at the bottom of this feature when this setting is enabled.
3. Under Website Views, click ADD WEB VIEW. Complete the the fields below, then click ADD. Repeat this process for each website.
- Name: Give your Website a name.
- URL: Add the direct link to the website here.
- Open in new browser window: Turn on this option if you'd like your site to open in the phone's browser, rather than within the app. This is critical for web pages that accept donations, as Apple requires these sites to launch in Safari.
- Allow Printing: Turn on this option if you would like users to be able to print from the app.
- Hybrid Browser: Turn on this option to use a native version of Safari or Chrome to load the website. This setting can not be used in conjunction with the printing option.
- Thumbnail Image: Upload a thumbnail image (200 x 200px in PNG format) for this Website.
If you'd like create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you'll do so here. Skip over this section if not. See here for more info.
Open in new Browser Window: Allow Printing: