The Music feature is a great way to share and sell tracks inside your app. You can import, upload, or link to music files to easily integrate them within the app.
If you include the Music feature within your app, be sure to enable Audio Background Play in the Publish step before you publish your app. This will allow music to play continuously even after users navigate away from your app.
Note: Custom track file size cannot exceed 6 MB. Files larger than this will not upload successfully to the platform.
Great for these industries:
- Musicians & Djs
- Fitness Studios
- Use the app to promote and sell music through the app.
- Provide music to accompany workout routines.
Navigate to the Build tab to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the Music feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature and add music.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Beats" as opposed to "Music").
2. Under Settings, check the box to enable specific options.
- Homescreen Widget: Toggle on this feature to add a Music feature shortcut to your app's home screen. When you enable the widget, music will automatically begin playing when your app is launched.
3. Under Music, click ADD CUSTOM TRACK. Complete the the fields below, then click ADD. Repeat this process for each track.
- Click Add to select a file from your computer (it must be in .mp3 format and under 6 MB). You can link to a hosted .mp3 file instead by filling out the URL field on the right
- Track Name: Give your track a name.
- Choose Artist: Choose an artist name from the drop down, or create a new artist name.
- Choose Album: Choose an album name from the drop down, or create a new album name.
- Purchase URL for Full Audio Track: Include the URL to purchase the complete track.
- Description: Use the WYSIWYG editor to customize the track's description. See here for more info.
- Album Artwork: Select the image icon to upload album art or enter the image URL.
- Android: Toggle on to make track available on Android.
- Click ADD to add track.
4. Under Music, click IMPORT ITUNES TRACK. Complete the the fields below, then click ADD. Repeat this process for each track.
- Search Method: Select if you would like to search for the track using a keyword or album URL.
- Country: Select from which store you would like to search for the track.
- Enter the keyword of album URL and click SEARCH.
- Check the boxes for the tracks you would like to select and click IMPORT.
4. Click SAVE at the top right when you're done.
If you'd like create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you'll do so here. Skip over this section if not. See here for more info.