How to move your subdomain from an A-Record to a CNAME on 1 & 1 Hosting.
1 & 1 CNAME
A CNAME (Alias) record points to an A (Host) record. You can create multiple CNAME records and point them to an A record.
CNAMEs can only be set for subdomains that are registered with 1&1. If using a CNAME, all DNS settings configured through the 1&1 Control Panel will be discarded. A CNAME can be thought of as a kind of pointer for DNS. Instead of specifying DNS settings for a domain in the Control Panel, using a CNAME indicates that the DNS settings for the subdomain should be exactly the same as the DNS settings for the CNAME address.
How to add a CNAME record. Click here to read more.
- Log in to your 1&1 Control Panel and select relevant package.
- Click Manage Domains from the Domains panel.
- Locate the domain that contains the subdomain you want to modify and then click Manage Subdomains.
- Check the box next to the subdomain to select it. Then click Edit DNS Settings from the Subdomain Settings drop-down menu.
- Select the CNAME option.
- Enter the CNAME address 'cms.mobileapphelper.com' in the Alias text box
- Check the box to acknowledge that you are aware all current DNS settings will be disabled by using a CNAME instead.
- Click Save button to continue.