App Upload & Approval Process
Once you've published your app, there are a few steps that must happen before it's live and downloadable in the App Store and Play Store. Both Apple and Google have review processes, though the two differ significantly.
iOS Approval Process
Total Time: Approx. 2 - 3 weeks (assuming approval)
1. Once you publish for iPhone/iPad, you'll receive an email confirmation stating that we have received your publish request. If you do not receive this within an hour of publishing, please email us with your app code or app name and we can verify that the publish request is in our queue.
2. We will upload the app to the provided Apple Developer account within 10 businesses days after receiving the publish request. If you selected the $50 expedite option, the app will be uploaded within 1 to 2 business days. (Note: Sometimes circumstances out of our control lead to lengthier upload times. For example, Apple makes yearly updates to their system that sometimes prevent us from uploading apps. We will not refund fees due to extended timelines that are out of our control.)
3. If you're using your own Apple Developer account, you'll receive an email from Apple at each stage of the upload process. These are the standard stages an app will go through (see here for details on each one):
Prepare for Submission: We've begun the upload process.
Waiting for Review: The upload process is complete and the app is awaiting Apple's review.
In Review: Apple is currently reviewing your app.
Processing for App Store: The review process is complete and your app is being prepared for release.
Ready for Sale: Your app is now live and downloadable in the App Store.
On average, it takes 7 to 10 business days for an app to go from Waiting to Review to Ready for Sale, though it can vary significantly depending on the time of year (June and December tend to be slowest), Apple's workload, and your app's content.
4. After the review process is over, Apple will either approve or reject the app. Clients using their own Developer account will receive an email notification when their app is approved or rejected. If you're using our Apple Developer account to host your app, remember to check in with us about 10 business days after publishing for the app status. If your app is rejected, please read over this article and email us with the app code, app name, and rejection reason if you need assistance getting it resubmitted.
5. Once your app is live, you can enable push notifications, QR codes, and the Tell Friend feature, plus begin marketing your app.
Android Approval Process
Total Time: Approx. 24 - 48 hours
1. Within an hour of publishing for Android, you should receive the APK file for the app via email. If you do not receive this, please email us with your app name and we can send it to you manually.
2. After following these directions, the app should go live in the Play Store within 24 hours of submission. Google will reject, remove, and suspend apps, so it's important to adhere to their guidelines at all times to ensure your app remains active in the Play Store.
3. Once your app is live, you can enable push notifications, QR codes, and the Tell Friend feature, plus begin marketing your app.