1. Create a new canvas or project (depending on your photo editing software). For Traditional effects, you'll use the same dimensions as your home screen. For Modern effects, your animated images will be larger than the home screen dimensions.
Traditional Carousel Image Sizes
- Phone: 640x1136px (750x1334px when optimizing for iPhone 6)
- Tablet: 1536 x 2048px
- Phone: 1040x1136px
- Tablet: 1936x2048px
2. Make this canvas transparent.
3. With this new canvas open, also open the image you'd like to use, so they're side-by-side.
4. Copy the image and paste it onto the canvas. You can adjust the sizing and positioning from here. (The checkered portions are transparent, so you'll see your home screen background image from behind the animated image.)
5. Save your image for web (we recommend a file size of less than 1 MB) and upload and assign it.
Some examples of creative transparency: